DTCC’s Government Securities Data Service aggregates and enriches transaction data for U.S. government securities trades that are matched, netted and settled through DTCC’s Fixed Income Clearing Corporation’s (FICC) Government Securities Division.
DTCC’s Government Securities (GS) Data Service aggregates and enriches transaction data for U.S. government securities trades that are matched, netted and settled through DTCC’s Fixed Income Clearing Corporation’s (FICC) Government Securities Division (GSD).
Data on trading activity in the enormous U.S. government securities market can help firms analyze their performance and risk positions over time and in comparison to the overall market. But tools for this kind of customized data access have not been readily available.
The GS Data Service taps DTCC’s unique database of transactions for U.S. government securities trades to produce multiple data perspectives that can help firms track and enhance their performance in this market.
This central source for firm-specific data and anonymous market aggregates provides a contextual market view whereby a firm can see its transaction activity in weekly, monthly and quarterly time periods by security type, security time until maturity, and security duration, and can compare its trading volumes over the same time periods with those of an anonymous, predefined GSD peer group.
Firms can also utilize the data available through the GS Data Service to facilitate their regulatory-compliance reporting. FICC’s GSD is the leading provider of trade comparison, netting and settlement for the U.S. government securities marketplace.
Features & Benefits
- Authoritative Source Improve speed and accuracy of internal and compliance reporting with reliable transaction volume and value data.
- Customized Feed Save time by receiving tailored data that meets your firm's specific needs.
- Contextual Data Gain insight benchmarking your firm's aggregate volumes against the broader market.
- Firm-specific Data Increase transparency of your firm’s transaction activity through weekly, monthly and quarterly feeds.
- Risk Data Mitigate risk and track trends by knowing your firm’s exposure to securities and their duration.
- Data can be delivered daily, weekly, or monthly.
The following table highlights the volumes and breadth of data that underpin DTCC's GS Data Service. DTCC is uniquely able to provide data that was previously unavailable on this vast market.
How It Works
The Government Securities Data Service utilizes transactions data submitted to FICC for U.S. government securities:
The DTCC Learning Center is a single point of entry for all your DataPro learning needs. Our learning solutions include documentation, simulations, videos, frequently asked questions, training events, and much more.