DTCC’s Legal Notice System (LENS) Data provides a comprehensive, searchable library, updated daily, of legal notices concerning DTC-eligible securities that are published and furnished by third-party agents, courts and security issuers.
LENS PortalAlready have a LENS Account? Customer Portal
DTCC is one of the most comprehensive repositories of legal notices in the U.S. Every day issuers, agents and courts produce an abundance of securities-related notices that are sent directly to DTCC. These notices include everything from bankruptcies and defaults to class actions and 19(a) tax information. The LENS Portal grants clients access to the notices in their original, unaltered, document form shortly after they become available to DTCC. They allow clients to keep themselves and their clients informed, maintain critical compliance, identify investment opportunities and provide greater customer service.
Legal (LG) Notice to Security Holders
- Litigation/ Class Actions
- Letter of Credit Substitution
- Cost Basis
- Notifications under Rule 17ad-16 of the SEC Act of 1934
- Section 19(a) Notices
Features & Benefits
- Updated Daily Conveniently view, download or e-mail notices with colleagues or clients in a timely manner. LENS provides complete access to the information clients need affecting portfolio holdings on a daily basis.
- Easily Searchable Indexed and easily searchable data saves time by allowing users to locate relevant notices. Notices are searchable by CUSIP, Keyword, Notice Type or Document Number.
- Historical Access Increases opperational efficiency by providing five years of historical notices at user's fingertips.
- View, download or e-mail notices Easily view or share important notices with colleagues or clients
- Custom E-mail Alerts Eliminates guesswork by providing daily custom e-mail notifications based off a CUSIP interest list or notice type.
- Bulk Downloads Saves time by receiving notices in customized bulk downloads from one centralized source.
- On-demand web repository of legal notices
- 5 years of historical data
The LENS repository offers 5 years of historical data on a broad range of DTCC eligible securities.
How It Works
- DTC receives notices from issuers, agents, trustees and courts.
- DTC makes these notices available in their original document form at 7:00AM ET via LENS.
- Web interface for on-demand access
The DTCC Learning Center is a single point of entry for all your DTCC Data services learning needs. Our learning solutions include documentation, simulations, videos, frequently asked questions, training events, and much more.