OTC Derivatives Direct Connect provides efficient, real-time access to trade data for over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives via a secure data feed.
DTCC’s OTC Derivatives Direct Connect* provides access to published trade data for U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) reportable over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives transactions via a secure data feed.
For counterparties and other firms active in the derivatives space, fast, seamless and secure access to data on OTC derivatives—or swaps—transactions is essential to help manage the risks and reporting requirements of their trading activity.
OTC Derivatives Direct Connect is a data feed service that provides secure access to the same CFTC reportable OTC derivatives transaction data made publicly available by the real-time dissemination (RTD) application operated by DTCC Data Repository (U.S.) LLC (DDR). OTC Derivatives Direct Connect leverages the data reported by the RTD application to deliver XML messaging trade and pricing data, including transaction details across 40 data fields.
*OTC Derivatives Direct Connect is an ancillary service of DTCC Data Repository (U.S.) LLC (DDR). DDR is a swap data repository registered with the CFTC for OTC credit, interest rate, equity, commodity and foreign exchange derivatives transactions.
Features & Benefits
- Comprehensive Data Identify trends and inform trading strategies through a broad and enriched data set.
- Increased Transparency Facilitate monitoring of price information and transaction activity across all five OTC asset classes.
- Seamless Delivery Improve operational efficiency by automating data collection.
- Near real-time feed of trade data for OTC derivatives
OTC Derivatives Direct Connect provides publicly available details on all CFTC reportable OTC credit, interest rate, equity, commodity and foreign exchange derivative transactions reported to DTCC Data Repository (DDR) for Real-Time Dissemination (RTD). The service covers transactions executed either on-facility—through Swap Execution Facilities (SEFs) or Designated Contract Markets (DCMs)—or off-facility. OTC Derivatives Direct Connect provides comprehensive OTC derivatives trade data, with up to 40 data fields, including taxonomy, underlying asset(s), payment frequency, option strike price and option expiration date.
How It Works
- DDR clients submit publicly reportable transaction and pricing information to DDR as soon as technologically practicable after execution, per CFTC requirements.
- DDR’s RTD application posts the submitted OTC derivatives transaction data to https://rtdata.dtcc.com/gtr/dashboard.do for public dissemination.
- OTC Derivatives Direct Connect subscribers receive data immediately after public dissemination via MQ infrastructure.
- OTC Derivatives Direct Connect data is available near real time via MQ Infrastructure.
The DTCC Learning Center is a single point of entry for all your DTCC Data services learning needs. Our learning solutions include documentation, simulations, videos, frequently asked questions, training events, and much more.