TIW Market Reports provide market risk perspectives on credit derivatives traded globally, by utilizing position data sourced from DTCC’s Trade Information Warehouse (TIW). TIW is a centralized infrastructure for reporting and asset servicing on approximately 98% of all credit derivative transactions outstanding worldwide.
DTCC's Trade Information Warehouse (TIW) is a robust infrastructure that provides market participants across the globe with a wide range of automated operational capabilities. TIW’s database holds the most current contract record for both cleared and bilateral CDS positions held by all major derivatives dealers and more than 2,500 buy-side firms and other market participants around the world.
TIW Market Reports leverage TIW position-data records to deliver enriched data sets to subscribers. The reports are anonymized and aggregated across multiple fields to ensure client confidentiality.
DTCC DataPro offers the following TIW Market Reports to subscribers:
- The TIW Weekly Stock and Volume Reports deliver detail on global credit default swap (CDS) contract activity. Historical data (older than six months) is also available, as a separate report.
- The TIW Index and Index Options Activity Report delivers a complete list of credit default swap (CDS) index and index option positions. This report enables subscribers to view and analyze the liquidity build-up on all index and index options across the different expiry dates and conduct detailed trend analysis.
In addition, complimentary weekly stock and volume reports are available to non-subscribers after a 4-week embargo.
Features & Benefits
- Consolidated Source More efficient access to market insights around the Trade Information Warehouse. Greater visibility and insights into the OTC derivative market.
- Comprehensive Market Data Identify trends and inform trading strategies through a broad and enriched data set.
- Transparency Reduce risk by providing market aggregate data for regulatory reporting.
- Current Position Records Increase market intelligence on the riskiness of credit default swaps.
- Targeted Reports Increase efficiency of portfolio management tools and processes.
- Premium Weekly Stock and Volume Reports
- Plus 26 weeks of previous reports
- Premium Historical Stock and Volume Reports (older than 22 weeks)
- History varies by report as far as 2008
- Premium Index and Index Options Activity Report
- Available from 1/23/2017
- Complimentary Weekly Stock and Volume Reports released after 4-week embargo
- Plus 22 weeks of previous reports
How It Works
- Records of new and modified confirmed CDS trades in eligible transactions are submitted to DTCC’s TIW as a confirmed or matched record by submission services.
- On a weekly basis DTCC publishes detailed reports on all live positions recorded in the TIW.
- DTCC extracts data from the weekly position reports and generates Stock and Volume reports and Index and Index Options Activity reports each Tuesday after 6:00PM ET.
The DTCC Learning Center is a single point of entry for all your DataPro learning needs. Our learning solutions include documentation, simulations, videos, frequently asked questions, training events, and much more.